New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- BW Moleskinhose Steppfutter oliv Thermohose Hose Feldhose Winter Bundeswehr warm
- Supreme Magenta Metallic Box Logo Long Sleeve Tee T Shirt FW17 NWT Sz M
- Emporio Armani Polo Shirt Sz. S Man bluee 8N1F121J0SZ-945 PUT OFFER
- Diesel Zatiny men's Jeans Size 40 Regular Bootcut
- White Wrinkle Free Men's Busienss Dress Shirt French Cuff or Standard Button Top
- K365 MENs Sexy Metallic BIKINI Zipper POUCH Lot sale
- Diesel zathan bootcut jeans wash 008AT W31 L30 (a4099)
- GIUBBINO DA men - PAYPER - PACIFIC 2.0 - blue NAVY ANCHE CON RICAMO E STAMPA
- WWE SETH ROLLINS Burn It Down OFFICIAL AUTHENTIC T-SHIRT
- Genuine Eddie Bauer Men's Fleece-Lined Jeans Straight Fit 40x32 DK Heritage
- Vintage 90's Harley Davidson Tasmanian Devil Shirt Looney Tunes XL
- ANTIPIOGGIA CON SACCHETTO ANTIPIOGGIA MIMETICO PIOGGIA MOTO BICICLETTA
- ONEILL GRINDER BOARDSHORT 20 MENS
- WOOD WOOD Perry white L, white, 11915729-2061
- JUST CAVALLI Mens T-Shirt Short Sleeve New Collection S03GC0239 - New With Tags
- JUST CAVALLI Mens T-Shirt Short Sleeve New Collection S03GC0236 New With Tags
- Just Cavalli T-SHIRT Sweatshirt Put Offer Sz. L Man Red S01GC0250-312
- Gant SUPER FINE SLIPOVER1803 Gant bluee gilet for men in lambswool for men
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with