Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Trousers Man Work Elegant Classic Lounge Bar Waiter Business Restaurant
- MCQ ALEXANDER MCQUEEN MEN'S SHORT SLEEVE T-SHIRT POLO COLLAR NEW SWALLOW R E74
- Ermenegildo Zegna Size L Polo Silk Shirt Mens Brown Stripe 1148
- Pantaloni Torino jeans Heren Wit Lente-Zomer cod. 109958 NL
- Hugo Boss orange Tab Beige Plaid Dress Shirt Long Sleeve L S Large Pink E39a
- Hanro Shadow Fine Stripe Men's Boxer Brief, Iris Grey
- Men's trousers HOLIDAY slim 46 48 50 52 54 56 58 60 cotonbielastico SIPI
- Patriotic Sleeveless Denim Vest Honor Their Sacrifice American Soldier POW MIA
- Kappa Men's T-shirt Red Long Sleeve polyester 122729 IE
- Bonobos Jeans 35x29 Dark Cotton Lycra Straight Mint Cond YGI K8-612
- 180 Z50 SIGNUM Designer Hemd Gr. M hellgrey Langarm Kentkragen Uni Brusttasche
- Martin Margiela MEN's Light outer wear
- ONIA Calder 7.5 Lightweight Nylon Swim Trunks in Ensign bluee Sz.38 NWT
- 2015 NYCC EXCLUSIVE FREDDYZILLA FUNKO POP SHIRT LARGE Limited 250 MADE Godzilla
- Karl Helmut 25th print T-Shirt Size L(K-45382)
- LOT of (10) CHAMPION-ADIDAS Mens T-Shirts KANYE JORDAN Athletic Gym XL New
- Supreme T-Shirts 054868 bluee S
- 19060 bape xxv logo store camo nagoya tee S
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with