Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Hart Schaffner Marx Naturals Pants Yellow Pleat Front Unfinished Hem Mens 34 NWT
- Supreme x Marvin Gaye Tee Top - Dark Navy - XL (IN HAND) SOLD OUT BNIB
- Isabel Marant Mens Red Plaid Oversized Cotton Flannel Shirt S Small
- NWT DIESEL Mens VIKER 0RZ29 Regular Straight Leg Jeans (Size 30 X 32) RZ29 Dark
- ANGEBOT Ben Green Redline Regular Fit Langarmhemd petrol Gr. 38 + Seidenkrawatte
- JKT New York Trent Subtle Dual Tone Wool Sport Coat
- NUDIE JEANS N741 TIGHT LONG JOHN ORG.TWILL RINSED MENS JEANS size W31 L32
- Hart Schaffner Marx gold Trumpeter Blazer gold Buttons 42 S Wool Navy 2-Button
- F Letter NEW STYLE SUMMER T SHIRTS MEN WOMEN SHORT SLEEVE T SHIRT
- New Ralph Lauren Polo THE SULLIVAN SLIM Jeans Denim Embroidered Size 33, 34, 38
- HUBER Stehkragen Kurzarm Hemd white Fil á Fil bügelleicht HU-0621 Regular Fit
- Halloween Cosplay My Boku no Hero Academia Midoriya Izuku Cosplay Costume
- Elemar Short Beach Badeshorts Shorts espresso türkis kariert M,XXL,Big Size 9x X
- JEMORGAN T-Shirts 548200 White L
- NIGEL CABOURN Casual Shirts 688842 Green 46
- Emporio Armani EA7 T-Shirt Sweatshirt Sz. M Man Red 3ZPT51PJ30Z-1451 PUT OFFER
- Versace Collection T Shirt Sweatshirt Cotton Man White V800683SVJ00359 V7001 NWT
- PRINGLE OF SCOTLAND Men's T Shirt Size XL Extra Large Monogrammed
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with