Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Carhartt FR Navy bluee Pants (371-20) Relaxed Fit 42X30 ( NEW)
- Volcom Camisa de manga larga Everett Solid; color NAVY; Size XS
- New Armani Collezione Xl Made In Xl
- Ag Jeans Jeans Size W32 bluee Men's Graduate Trousers New Straight Trousers
- New Lacoste Sportswear Men's Red Polo T-Shirt Size S
- Vintage 3 piece modern two buttons dual vents flat front men suit 38 R Slim
- Close Slim Helle Stretch-Denim s.Oliver Men
- Cappotto da men Invernale Giacca Giaccone Elegante Casual Moda Fashion Inverno
- Chalkboard T Shirt Kit For Kids Long Sleeve RED Heart W 1 Chalk Marker & S Small
- Diesel Men's Thavar Slim Skinny Jeans Wash 848Z Stretch DL2
- NWT Civilian Heritage Traditional Irish Grandfather Shirt Medium Cotton Striped
- Emporio Armani Brad Easy Fit Grey Denim Cargo Shorts - Size 48
- Spyder - Men's S - NWT - 9 Navy Multi Captain Logo Board Shorts Swim Trunks
- T-shirts Ganesha Japanese Sumi-e Art color Handmade FRONT
- Palace P3 Tri Ferg Longsleeve T-Shirt
- Supreme Original Sin Tee Natural - Medium
- Lanvin Size L Casual Graphic T-Shirt p2p 22 inch
- Fred Perry Branded T-Shirt In Cement
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with