Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- NWT 11 BY BORIS BIDJAN SABERI White Swim Shorts Size L
- Rare Brand New Uniqlo x KAWS Cloud T-Shirt Sz Small bluee
- BEAUTY&YOUTH UNITED ARROWS Casual Shirts 343378 bluee M
- shoes Sneakers Pelle men Pantofola d'gold shoes Men Tarente Low brown 1018302
- Kuhl TROPIK 100% Organic Cotton Multi colord Plaid Short Sleeve Shirt Size XL
- Alfani RED Slim Fit Navy bluee Plaid Two Button Wool Blend Flat Front Mens Suit
- New Men's Tough Rebel Brand Jeans, Size 40x34
- Men's Firetrap Body Warmer (Medium) Gilet - New
- Skimasken Style Infidel Baseballschläger Spezialeinheiten KSK MEK SEK
- Meltin Pot jeans da men Mark Svasato dritto pantaloni blue denim W40L34 Regular
- Polo Ralph Lauren Mens Purple Button-Front Shirt NWT Size S
- Men's Pants Suit 4X Shirt 48 x 30 Pants Trust Brown Soft 2 pc set walking suit
- Infradito men Paddle Gel Sidas
- Pretty Green Kirby Polo Shirt TShirt Top bluee Size Medium
- New ADAPTATION Yellow Pink 'The Birds' Long Sleeve Vintage T-Shirt Size L
- Vintage 80's U2 Rattle and Hum 1988 Concert Tour T Shirt Original
- Polo by Ralph Lauren Vintage Soaring Tigers 91 T-Shirt Mens Large Cream RARE
- Fred Flintstone Motorcycle Graphic Men's White Shirt L VTG 90s HANNA BARBERA
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with