Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Viadeste - Sweaters - Male - Brown - 4682021A185309
- Pendleton Men's M Brown Plaid Button Up Wool USA Made Shirt
- ARMANI JEANS Jeans 982112 bluee 33
- Veste Softshell D'Hiver Coupe-Vent Liberté Peau de Requin Parka black
- BW Tropen PiBtl 2 Bundeswehr Deutschland Wappen Pioniere Tropenshirt
- NWT Steve & Barry's Relaxed Fit Mens JEANS 40x30 AWESOME FREE PRIORITY
- NWOT JOHN VARVATOS USA MENS SLIM FIT blueE & PURPLE FLORAL SHIRT SIZE MEDIUM
- NEW BILLABONG swim board shorts SUBMERSIBLES HYBRID New Order Burgundy 38
- Joma Outdoor Giacca Softshell Alaska II 100063
- Wrangler Men's Denim bluee Cotton Casual Shirt L Large
- Prana Plaid Flannel Stratford Shirt - Sepia - Size XL
- NWT Vilebrequin Anti-Odor Men's Polo Shirt SZ.L
- VINCE Men's Button Down Shirt Beige bluee Plaid Cotton Size Medium
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with