Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Billabong 73 X Boardshorts - bluee - New
- Mens Fred Perry Mens Split Laurel Wreath T Shirt Snow White
- HUGO BOSS orange Label ESLINE Man's Casual Shirt NEW Size X-Large Retail
- Guess bluee Miami Super Skinny Jeans M84AN1D3CJ1-STEA
- Mens White Ralph Lauren Polo
- Paul Dione mens wool dark navy bluee pin striped pleated cuffed suit 41R EUC
- 7 For All Mankind Relaxed Bootcut Jean (29)
- Brand New With Tags NEXT Mens Blazer Navy 38 Regular
- ProSphere Men's Grambling State University Gameday Tech Tee (GRAM)
- NEW MEN'S GENUINE WALE ADEYEMI DENIM JEANS REG LEG TROUSERS ALL SIZES RRP
- NEW Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Classic-Fit Soft-Touch Polo Large White MSRP
- Balmain Logo Button Detail Shirt (White; Cotton)
- Gianfranco Ferrè Men's swimsuit bluee polyamide 122012 UK
- Versace Jeans Scream Print Men's Graphic Tee NWT
- AussieBum Mens white green superior lowrider Swim bikini brief Swimwear size M
- HUGO BOSS Mens Seabream Bright bluee Swim Board Shorts S
- Polo Ralph Lauren Mens Floral Board Shorts NWT 40 Lined
- HUGO BOSS Badeshorts Badehose Pearleye M L XL XXL Farbwahl
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with