Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Cargohose Vintage oliv washed Vintagehose Feldhose Stonewashed Freizeithose Hose
- Mens T-Shirt Japanese Pattern Embroidery Discharge Enchantress Skull Moon Unisex
- EMPORIO ARMANI HERRENHEMD HEMD LANGARM LANGARMHEMD NEU SLIM FIT blue ADA
- Mavi Men's Zach Regular-Rise Straight-Leg Jeans, Beige Twill, 30W X 30L
- David Donahue Dress Shirt Mens 15.5 bluee Trim Fit Collar Button Up
- HUGO by HUGO BOSS Anzug Business-Anzug Alim2 Himens HM Gr. 50 NEU
- Polo Ralph Lauren Slim Fit 018 Straight Jeans in Size 35x32 in bluee
- Columbia Sportswear NAVY bluee Wool Coat Men SZ XL TG FULL ZIP NICE
- BRITISH LIONS PATRIOT T SHIRT NEW
- 883 Police Cassady Mens Jeans W38 L32 REF C3668
- Harley Davidson Tori Richard Button Front Hawaiian Shirt Sz XL
- MACRON POLO OFFICIAL SENIOR SS LAZIO 2018-18 - BLKCEL - L (80588472828088)
- Luxury Mens Bathrobe Star Wars Breaking Bad Superman Spiderman Batman Jedi
- The Mountain Erwachsenen T-Shirt Insight Bear Gr.S - 5XL
- YAECA Red-eared button fly denim pants Indigo
- LRG Lifted Research Group Men's Camo Eyes Tapered Fit Pants Choose Size
- Haremshose Pumphose Aladinhose Pluderhose Yoga Goa Sarouel Baggy Freizeit Shanti
- Mountain Warehouse Mens & Durable Trek Stretch Trousers in Regular Lenght
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with