Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Cargohose Vintage Nightcamo Tarnhose Feldhose Stonewashed Freizeithose Hose
- Braveheart Movie Mel Gibson William Wallace T-Shirt L 1990s Original Vintage
- BRANCACCIO men's shirts white bluee 100% cotton slim fit
- Diesel Men's Straight Jeans bluee bluee (900 - Denim 01) 33W 34L .
- Charles Tyrwhitt Men's Classic Fit Non-Iron Twill Shirt Sky bluee MM1 16.5 34
- NWT CARUSO Tan Cotton 3 Roll 2 Button Sport Coat Size 54 44 R Drop 8
- Ben Sherman Men Dark bluee Raw Straight Leg Jeans
- Propper F545921 ACU Coat
- Cesare Paciotti Men's T-shirt White Short Sleeve cotton 125219 IE
- RALPH LAUREN SLIM FIT JEANS W30 L34 RED (ORIGINAL) 25
- Ralph Lauren Mens L Classic Shirt Regular Fit Cotton Plaid Button Down LS White
- HONOURABLE ARTILLERY HAC LONG & SHORT T SHIRT XS TO 5XL BIKER PATCH
- BILLABONG 2018 SPRING PLATINUM X PUMP BOARD SHORTS blueE NEW SIZE 32
- ASTON MARTIN RACING Men's Lifestyle T- Shirt Grey
- ADIDAS STELLA McCARTNEY TEAM GB RIO 2016 ELITE ATHLETE VILLAGE PANTS Size XS 26
- NWT EIDOS by ISAIA white casual pants Justind IT 50 US 34
- Pantaloni Tuta Sportivo Laccetti blue Poliestere 3 Tasche Casual Riga Nera men
- NWT EIDOS by ISAIA white casual pants Justind IT 48 US 32
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with