Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- The Collection Men Big And Tall Navy Textured Tailored Trousers
- Sam Cooke T shirt; Sam Cooke with Muhammad Ali
- NWT DIESEL Mens VIKER 0RZ29 Regular Straight Leg Jeans (Size 30 X 32) RZ29 Dark
- ANGEBOT Ben Green Redline Regular Fit Langarmhemd petrol Gr. 38 + Seidenkrawatte
- JKT New York Trent Subtle Dual Tone Wool Sport Coat
- AussieBum Stretch Denim Short Shorts XS S M L XL XXL
- H&M at x William Morris & Co Men's jumper sweater Hoodie Top blogger Small BNWT
- NWT Rag & Bone Men's Standard Issue Fit 2 Slim Leg Dark Denim Jeans Size 30 L27
- VINTAGE RARE WALLS BLIZZARD PRUF INSULATED VEST gold SMALL MEDIUM MADE IN TEXAS
- Born Fly Yellow Seawolf T-Shirt
- DIESEL ZATINY BOOTCUT JEANS 008AR W32 L30 (4071)
- BNWT Next 34L Navy Wool Suit Trousers RRP . 18
- Marina Yachting Cotton Grey Crop Trouser (NEW) Waist 40 (50 cm) .50
- Cargohose Vintage oliv washed Vintagehose Feldhose Stonewashed Freizeithose Hose
- NWT EIDOS by ISAIA white casual pants Forth Patchwork IT 50 US 34
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with