Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Vintage Versace Classic V2 Men's Long Sleeve Shirt Size M
- New Men's ROBIN'S JEAN -LONG STUDDED FLAPS Straight Leg Coated Jeans
- Joules Men's Ridgeway Lightweight Gilet (Olive)
- Speedo Unisex Casual Wear Shorts Sleeves Lifeguard Printed Polo Shirt
- Gant WH6-BC27582-NN2815-blue jeans Heren - kleur bluew NL
- Fischerhemd Klassisch Fisherman's Shirt Classic Size 60 62
- GUARDS DIVISION DEPOT REGIMENT PLAIN & REGIMENTAL COLOUR POLO SHIRT XS TO 7XL
- SIZE 38, 40 POLO RALPH LAUREN HAWAII BIG Sky blueE Mans Swim Wear 710548425001
- Rvca Ar Ls Polo Oil Grey L
- Boss Green Paule 4 Slim Fit Polo Navy 50374389
- NWT JOE'S JEANS The Classic Fit Straight Leg Distressed bluee Jeans Size 34x34
- PrAna Men's Bronson Pant 30 x 32L Khaki
- Spring Mens Slim High Waist Pu Leather Straight Legs Long Fashion Pants Trousers
- NWT Polo Ralph Lauren Classic Fit Flat Khaki Pants Mens NEW 34 x 34 Olive
- Men new hot floral pattern wide leg Casual linen Cotton pants trousers retro 18
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with