Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Mens Denim Jeans Slim Fit Trendy Lace Up Pencil Trousers Pants Skinny Short
- WOOD WOOD Han LS T-shirt pink XL, Pink
- Adenauer & Co. XL 43 44 17,5 Inch. TAILOR FIT SUPER SCHÖNES KARO 1667
- Shoulder Bag Shoulder strap Double face Woman K-Way Bag Woman K-Double Handbag
- Mens 70s Polyester Button Down Shirt by California L Brown orange Pattern
- Green label relaxing Suits 635272 bluee 42 42 76
- Sciarpa men women Burgundy La Martina Scarf Men Woman Burgundy Wool 038.124
- Van Kollem - Charcoal Stripe Overcoat - 48() - NEW WITH TAGS RRP
- Tut The What - Nein The Lebt from the stuetze - Dogs Dog Owner T-Shirt S-3XL
- RARE Mens EVISU By PUMA Jeans STRAIGHT Fit HAND TREATED W34 L34 VERY GOOD P85
- Size Medium Stunning One 1 LIKE NO OTHER bluee Purple Causal Smart Shirt V
- Peak Mountain - Blouson polaire homme CAFFY- taupe
- Speedo Men's Sexy Red Square cut Swimsuit Nylon Spandex - Size M NEW
- Spiral Direct FRONT PRINT DESIGNS Skull Dragon Xmas pink Wolf Gift T shirt Top
- RALF LAUREN Men's White denim jeans size W30 L32
- Mens Military Casual Camo Army Green Cotton Climbing Cargo Trousers Pants hot ne
- FOX JEANS Men's Baron Casual Work Pants Mens Cargo Pants SIZE 42-Dark Khaki
- New Men's Textile Trousers Straight Leg Green Inch W32 L32 Cream Beige W32 L36
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with