Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Delta Plus Panoply M6PAN Panostyle Mens Work Action Cargo Trousers + Kneepads
- FRANKLIN TAILORED T-Shirts 725936 Grey 48
- Men's Real Cowhide Leather Police Style Sleevless Shirt Leather Shirt Gay blueF
- Hugo Boss Slim-fit jeans in stretch denim
- Eton Ganghester Slim Fit Bright Pink Shirt Size 15 3 4 40
- NEW WT CHRISTIAN DIOR MONSIEUR SIZE 43 L 2 BTN WOOL POLYESTER CORAL SOLID
- MONARCHY Jeans Distressed Destroyed Whisker Straight Men's 34 33 NWT D31
- J. CREW Men's Dark Green Wool Blend Button Down Coat, Size 40
- ProSphere Men's Western Washington University Gameday Tech Tee (WWU)
- JEANS EDWIN ED 88 SUPER SLIM (cs compact-sonic wash) W31 L34 VAL
- JOHN SEVERSON KAHALA Mens Hawaiian Shirt SS L bluee White Cotton Floral Leis GUC
- Fjallraven No. 6 Duffel Medium Navy
- Hugo Boss Swimwear Seabream Swim Shorts Royal
- VTG 80s NLLS Network of Latino Law Students bluee S S T-shirt Sz XL Lawyers
- TROUSERS WORKING SECTOR ALIMENTARY COOK OR COOKING 100% COTTON
- FARAH - SMART NAVY TROUSERS SIZE 36 31 (Ref JB 42)
- UK_ MEN'S JEANS PANTS PLUS SIZE WINTER AUTUMN LOOSE ELASTIC LONG TROUSERS NICE
- Big Mens Charcoal Durapress 29 Inch IL Trousers 44 46 48 50 52 54 56 58 60 62
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with