Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- 350 Ralph Lauren Purple Label Swimsuit Plaid Shorts Size 32 Made in
- 7847 T-Shirt Bullet Club Arising Offiziell Bis 5XL
- ADAM ET ROPE Casual Shirts 071490 RedｘMulticolor L
- NUDIE 'Thin Finn - bluee Vision' Slim Fit Jeans RRP .00
- OLIVER SPENCER Shirt Striped Size 16
- SUITSUPPLY F.lli Ormezzano pure linen stone color sprt coat mens sz L
- LTB Men's Jeans Servando x Sitara Wash
- LONDON FOG MAINCOATS mens ivory coat size 42 REG
- ProSphere Men's Cumberland University Gameday Shirt (Apparel) (CU)
- White & Yellow European Retro Style Baroque Print Men's jeans Slim Fit Size 34
- Vans Men's Guilder Classic Fit Woven Shirt-Light bluee-Medium
- Wests Tigers NRL LONG Sleeve Button Work Shirt HI VIS orange NAVY Gift
- Polo Ralph Lauren Swimsuit Kayak Green 2XB NWT
- Bal T-Shirts 849510 GreyｘMulticolor L
- black Perla Men's bluee Swim Speedo (2XL)
- Rare Team USA speedo suit Swimsuit swimming diving brief trunks medium Olympics
- Übergrößen modischer Bademantel Saunamantel ABRAXAS leichte Sommerqualität 2 F
- Cesare Attolini Swim Trunks in Dark bluee
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with