Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Orlebar Brown Beach Swim Shorts bluee Size 30 New
- Supreme Stagger Tee Medium Teal Confirmed Order
- Mens Vivienne Westwood White L S Shirt S 50. Chest 42”
- JOES JEANS FADED blueE 29 THE BRIXTON STRAIGHT NARROW SLIM KINETIC JEANS MENS NWT
- PRETTY GREEN MEN'S TIPPED POLO SS PINK
- NWT Robert Graham POZO Reversible Quilted Vest Sz 3XLarge Green bluee
- Hudson Men's Sartor Slouchy Skinny Jeans in Beach Slope Wash 31 EUC
- I Plead The 2nd Amendment Sleeveless Denim Vest Gun Control Bear Arms NEW
- 59 COMMANDO SQUADRON ROYAL ENGINEERS RE CDO SQN marines 24 SAPPER spr TSHIRT
- Mens Diesel Jeans Mid Rise Viker 0RBE4 Straight Leg Distressed Jean 30 X 33 New
- Ralph Lauren orange POLO SHIRT CLASSIC FIT NWT XL
- Pantalone Tecnico Trasformabile in Bermuda Pant trail Diadora Utility 170694 C75
- MENS O'NEILL FLORAL TROPICAL blueE SWIM BOARD SHORTS SIZE 32
- Lacoste TH0883 Mens Lettering T-Shirt raised beveled Navy bluee s m l xl 2xl
- MEN'S SWIMMING TRUNKS JOHN GALLIANO AUTHENTIC NEW WITH TAGS SIZE 50
- Vilebrequin Mens Swimming Surfer Shorts Ocean Turtle Colouring Size S 24 26 Grey
- NWT BRUNELLO CUCINELLI Sky bluee Swim Trunk Bathing Suit Board Shorts 2XL
- Stunning Vilebrequin Water Reactive Swim Shorts, Size l, RRP
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with