Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Sundek shorts de boxe de camouflage de mer fantaisie pour les men Sundek CAMO
- Dom Rebel Vintage Tee Men's Size L NWOT
- Guess Jeans BO-M63R15Z6F00_D709 jersey Men's - colour bluee UK
- BNWT Rolla's bluents Pants Mens Jeans 33 Khaki Cropped Rollas
- Pierre Cardin Men's jersey Multicolor Long Sleeve 112276 IE
- Mens Harry Brown Three 3 Piece Suit Pale Grey Bnwt 38l Single Jkt 32l Trouser
- 7 For All Mankind Mens Size 33 CARSEN STRAIGHT DARK blueE Jeans fits like 35 x 30
- Gap Mens Size S Warmest Nylon Green Down Puffer Vest
- ProSphere Men's University of Northwestern Ohio Geometric Tech Tee (UNO)
- Carhartt Denim Rebel Pant Grey Stone Coast grey
- FARAH FAUSTON AVOCADO slim long sleeve shirt size medium BNWT free p+p RRP
- IDF ISRAEL DEFENSE FORCES SAYERET MATKAL OZ KFIR GOLANI GIVATI BRIGADE XS TO 7XL
- POLO RALPH LAUREN Men's bluee Swim Trunks Beach Wear 4XB NWT Summer NICE
- James Perse Men's Tee T Shirt Faded Red Size 4 XL Extra Large
- Rip Curl Mirage Combined Fill 18 Boardshorts
- Picture Neo 20 Boardshorts
- COSTUME SUNDEK BS-RB men IN NYLON DI color blue MODELLO BERMUDA
- ADIDAS Y-3 YOHJI YAMAMOTO zwembroek L zwart NP 180
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with