Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Lyle & Scott - Badeshorts - pastellred - NEU & OVP ( SH806V )
- Affliction AC Motor Winged Skull Flag Men Long Sleeve Raglan Shirt bluee Grey S M
- Hurley Men's Kyoto Heavy Weight Plaid Flannel Button Up Shirt, University red,
- 7 For All Mankind Rhigby Jeans
- ETRO Mens Shirt Size 42 Large Multi Striped Cotton DV16
- ZARA JACQUARD BLAZER IT48 UK38 slim fit M
- Jean Carrera Jeans black homme [00700r0900a101]
- T-SHIRT SALEWA PUEZ MELANGE DRY - Celeste-S
- Def Leppard USA Tour 1983 Adult T Shirt Heavy Metal Music
- RRP NEW DIESEL MEN'S JEANS WAYKEE 0845A REGULAR STRAIGHT blueE STONEWASHED
- Nat Nast Men's Camp Shirt 100% Linen Striped bluee Green Yellow Large EUC
- 2 Champion Women's Fleece Full Zip Hoodie Champion Wome
- NWT Mens M NAUTICA bluee Navy Swim Shorts Trunks T91102
- ARMANI JEANS bluee T-Shirt Men's H14 Multi Logo Cotton Top Size XL Tee BNWT RP
- LOUNGE LIZARD Jeans 152845 Grey 2
- R Jeans 787070 bluee 34
- DIESEL ZATINY 800Z 0800Z JEANS W34 L32 34x32 34 32 34x32,28 100% AUTHENTIC
- DIESEL VIKER-R-BOX 0088Z MEN'S JEANS DARK blueE W27 L28 27X28 ORIGINAL 88Z
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with