Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Rich-Star Pants Multi Sz. 3xl Retail NWT 100% Authentic
- Raf Simons SS14 New Silhouette T-Shirt
- KAPITAL Men's Used Processing Remake Short-Sleeved Western Shirt Size 2
- Hammacher Florentine Italian Hand Spun Wool Sweater Wine Red Elbow Patch XL
- Spring Unisex White Tee Shirt Logo Print - 100% Premium Cotton
- PANTALONE ISACCO TASCONI LATERALI 5 MOD. CUOCO PIZZAIOLO CHEF PANT MADE IN ITALY
- 883 Police Men Cassady Jeans Pants Trousers Clothing
- Vtg Spiegel Rain Trench Coat Mens Size 46L Beige Belted Removable liner
- Famous Movie Cuttys Boxing Gym Westside Film Series Fan T-Shirt S-3XL
- DIESEL BELTHER REGULAR SLIM-TAPERED FIT JEANS 0813T W36 L32 (5442)
- GANT ACADEMIC OXFORD LS BD NEU HEMD COL ROYAL PINK K25
- Casacche da lavgold alimentari ed estetica Casacca Corfù
- Billabong Mens All Day Print 18 Elastic Boardshorts Sz32 M222EALP
- DS 18 Anti Social Social Club ASSC Shibuya city Tee pink Supreme kith Bape
- HUGO BOSS RED LABEL CORD JEANS SIZE W36 L32
- Diesel Mens Jeans Waykee 0603Z bluee
- Dondup - Jeans-Hose, slim fit - Mann - black - 5475107C194904
- Nudie, Tilted Tor, Jeans,Indigo Spirit,bluee, 112524, Slim Fit, Denim, New
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with