Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- CREMIEUX Newport KHAKI TAN Light Weight Twill Flat Front Pants 36 X 30 NWT
- 18151 bape MILO SH@RK white red tee L
- Casino Wear Los Angeles XL Pimp Shirt Faux Cheetah Dice Buttons Short Sleeve
- Diesel Tepphar 0854V Pantalones Vaqueros de Hombre Ajustado Zanahoria
- Polo Ralph Lauren Andrew Dress Shirt 17 1 2 36 37 Striped Purple Cotton Pony NWT
- Olaf Benz RED 1666 Minipant Pant mars Gr. M L oder XL
- Jaggy Clothing Men Jeans Yellow 82268 BDT OUTLET
- MARIO BARUTTI Guabello schönes Sakko Schurwolle grey Gr. 46 TOP BB1018
- Best Valentines Gift to Father from daughter ,son, baby. Happy Fathers Day Card
- MENS AG ADRIANO goldSCHMIED THE DYLAN SLIM SKINNY JEANS 33 X 34 NWOT...VERY NICE
- 100% Cotton Short Sleeved Navy Mustard Vintage Retro Mod Button Down Shirts
- Punjabi Kurta Pajama Pathani Kurta Men's kurta Boys Kurta Pajama Plus Size
- Eggplants Emoji Funny Mens Swim Trunks Bathing Suit With Liner Plus Sizes
- Lacoste Sport Polo In Creme Sz. Medium Retail NWT 100% Authentic
- DIESEL KROOLEY NE 0669D W26 - W30 L28 - L30 Mens Denim Jogg Jeans Slim Tapered
- Armani Jeans (Junior) Light bluee Jeans 28 waist Mint condition 99% Cotton
- DIESEL LARKEE-ZIP 8B9 JEANS 30X32 100% AUTHENTIC REGULAR FIT STRAIGHT LEG
- Men's Armani Exchange J16 Straight Fit Jeans
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with