Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- NWT BRITCHES BEIGE PLEATED STYLE PANTS SZ 64 X 36
- Supreme Cat In The Hat Tee T Shirt - Yellow - Medium - Order Confirmed
- Fjallraven Singi Trekking Shirt Mens Unisex Flannel New
- Diesel Straight-Cut Stretch Jeans LARKEE 084HN dunkelblue Gr. 32 30 NEU
- Brooks Bredhers Mens Dress Shirt 16.5 36 37 Plaid Long Collared Button Cotton
- Versace Collection men 100% Lana black Vestito Due Bottoni USA
- NEW Authentic Robin's Jeans Mens 40 D5957 Straight Leg Classic Robin Distressed
- Mens CINCH NWT Camo Hoodie Hoody Med M Hthr Brown Realtree Bronco Cowboy
- 1977 Pontiac Trans Am Long Sleeves T-Shirt - Multiple colors & Sizes - American
- blueE BLOOD Men's Sole MIJ Whisker Wash Denim Jeans MW07D05 NWT
- Casual Shirt Brandit 4012.87 Short Sleeve Roadstar 1 2 Indygo
- Polo Ralph Lauren P16u POLO RALPH LAUREN man slip on Greggory-NE Pure White
- Vintage Christian Audigier 1958 VIF Mens Board Shorts Swim Trunks Size 30
- The Mountain T-Shirt Fire Tiger
- Hugo Boss orange Regular Fit W40 L32 Mens bluee Denim Jeans B674
- REPLAY Jeans MA955 NEWBILL 606 602 dunkelblue Comfort Fit NEU
- New Men's ROBIN'S JEAN sz 42 D5642 HARLEY Straight Jeans -Leather Studded Flaps
- Armani Jeans Slim Fit J45 bluee Jeans
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with