Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- M&S COLLECTION Men's Charcoal Tailored Fit Trousers NEW
- Volcom Fishernet Vest Stealth M
- Gant Short Sleeved Indian Madras Shirt - Strawberry Pink
- Polo Ralph Lauren Sullivan Slim Fit Jeans in Denim, White, Size 36x32
- Gieves & Hawkes Men’s Shirt Size 16” RRP
- Abito men Carlo Pignatelli grey Completo con gilet Elegante sposo invitato 50
- JEANS EDWIN MAN ED 80 SLIM (cs night-bluee dark ruffle ) W36 L34 VAL
- CHAQUETA DE CUERO DURO AUTENTICO
- ProSphere Men's Clark Atlanta University Tailgate Long Sleeve Tee (Apparel)
- Lee Cooper Workwear Men's Stretch Denim Jean - Navy, 34W x 30L
- W3111 Helena's Red Floral Hawaiian Short Sleeve Button Up Polyester Shirt Men M
- PETZL IMBRACO CORAX -grey green TAGLIA 1
- Vtg. Sundek bluee Rainbow Lined Swim Shorts Trunks Drawstring Men's 36 Made USA
- Roberto Cavalli Men's bluee Graphic Print T-Shirt Sz S M L XL 2XL
- DIESEL ZATHAN BOOTCUT JEANS 008XY W36 L32 (3742)
- DIESEL KROOLEY 88Z JEANS 33x32
- Replay Hyperflex Anbass Men's Slim Fit bluee Denim Skinny Jeans SIZE W30,W32
- DIESEL KROOLEY NE 0681I W30 L32 Mens Denim Sweat Jogg Jeans Slim Fit Carred
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with