Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- PERRY ELLIS PORTFOLIO men blueE SLIM FIT FLAT FRONT DRESS PANTS 34 W 30 L
- LAD MUSICIAN T-Shirts 657458 Brown 46
- SOPHNET. Casual Shirts 339721 blueeｘMulticolor L
- NOS Lee Jeans 29”x 46 1 2”L
- Mens Eddie Bauer Slim Fit Wrinkle Resistant Long Sleeve Button Down Shirt XLT
- EMPORIO ARMANI ABITO COMPLETO men NUOVO ORIGINALE grey 602
- DIESEL ZATINY BOOTCUT JEANS 008UP W30 L30 (5398)
- Suede - Leather waistcoat Large Vest Body Warmer Gilet Outdoor
- The Mountain Erwachsenen T-Shirt You Are Next Gr. S - XL
- Coogi Men Jeans W36 bluee Embroidered Logo- Very Good Condition
- Beige Short Sleeve Ralph Lauren Shirt RL8390
- Petrol Industries Sweat Collar Petrol bluee , Sweaters Petrol industries
- Nova Swimwear Mens Jammers Bumblebee Chlorine Resistant Swimsuit
- NUMBER NINE TAKAHIRO MIYASHITA T-SHIRT PRINTED WHITE SIZE 2 SMALL
- EMPORIO ARMANI MEN'S JEANS DENIM NEW blueE BD2
- Mens Authentic PRPS Talus Straight Leg Slim Jeans Rinse 40 X 34
- DENIM & SUPPLY Ralph Lauren Jeans 955840 bluee 28
- BNWT DIESEL ADI-HEEVEN 88Z 0088Z 29 30 31 32 33 32 34 100% AUTHENTIC
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with