Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Hart Schaffner Marx Naturals Pants Yellow Pleat Front Unfinished Hem Mens 34 NWT
- Supreme x Marvin Gaye Tee Top - Dark Navy - XL (IN HAND) SOLD OUT BNIB
- Isabel Marant Mens Red Plaid Oversized Cotton Flannel Shirt S Small
- NWT DIESEL Mens VIKER 0RZ29 Regular Straight Leg Jeans (Size 30 X 32) RZ29 Dark
- ANGEBOT Ben Green Redline Regular Fit Langarmhemd petrol Gr. 38 + Seidenkrawatte
- JKT New York Trent Subtle Dual Tone Wool Sport Coat
- Diesel kardeef bootcut jeans wash 008AT W31 L30 (a4660)
- Old Diminion Freight Lines Mens Carhartt Heavyweight Vest XL Big Rig Embroidered
- ProSphere Men's University of New Mexico Hustle Long Sleeve Tee (UNM)
- Buffalo David Bitton Men's Max-x Skinny Fit Denim Pant
- Vineyard Vines Stripped Men's Tee Shirt Short Sleeve Size S Aquinas Aqua V1A
- Red Wing Classic Oxford shoes Mahogony Leather - Spring Offers
- Firetrap traje de baño para hombre pink nylon 125404 ES
- New TRUSSARDI men collar polo shirt bluee S MSRP
- JOKER Jeans FREDDY Stretch 2442-0066 oder 2442-0201 blue schlank Farbe wählbar
- NEW MENS J BRAND AZALEAH TYLER TAPER SLIM FIT DENIM JEANS SIZE 29
- Fonz Ferroni Jeans bluee Best Stretch Cotton bluee Suede Patch JFW-8916 Size 38
- BEDWIN & THE HEARTBREAKERS Jeans 891302 Grey 3
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with