Used: An item that has been previously worn. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Columbia Omni-Shade Ridge Stretch Cargo Outdoor Pants brown Mens 34 X 34
- Element Kingsley Long Sleeved Shirt
- Sugar Cane Shirt Long Sleeve S Indigo Cotton Men's Japan Free Shipping FS
- A.P.C. Jeans 931936 bluee 30
- ADOLFO DOMINGUEZ Shirt Man M European .In Shop . Here for less AD03 L-1
- Barutti Veste de Costume Performance Tarso black Unicolor Ajusté Fit
- NEW DIESEL Men's 28W 34L FADED blueE JEANS SAFADO STRAIGHT FIT DENIM PANTS
- Strellson Business-Sakko aus Wolle 28 = D 56 grey-Töne
- Vintage 90s Cowboy Wolf Mountain Ghost Purgatory Graphic T-Shirt Adult Size L
- ROBINS JEANS 36 X 32.5 (9 leg opening) Mens Jeans Darker wash.
- FRED PERRY POLO SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT BRAND NEW WITH TAGS- MENS
- Gant Vest Men's SIZE L, Farbe blue _L
- Speedo Men's Purple Swimsuit Bikini Nylon Spandex Rear Logo - Size US38 D7 NEW
- BEAUTY&YOUTH UNITED ARROWS T-Shirts 316205 Purple S
- Trendy Mens Slim Wool Blend Long Trench Business Parka Formal Coats Outwar new
- Berghaus Spectrum Micro 2.0 Men's Outdoor Fleece Sweatshirt available in -
- ANTONY MORATO Chaqueton Para Hombre 54 Europea XL HASTA -80 % AM06 N3G
- IZOD NEW Midnight bluee Mens Medium M Full Zipper Wind Resistant Coat 678
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with