New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Delta Plus Panoply M6PAN Panostyle Mens Work Action Cargo Trousers + Kneepads
- FRANKLIN TAILORED T-Shirts 725936 Grey 48
- Men's Real Cowhide Leather Police Style Sleevless Shirt Leather Shirt Gay blueF
- Hugo Boss Slim-fit jeans in stretch denim
- Eton Ganghester Slim Fit Bright Pink Shirt Size 15 3 4 40
- NEW WT CHRISTIAN DIOR MONSIEUR SIZE 43 L 2 BTN WOOL POLYESTER CORAL SOLID
- PAIGE Federal Slim Fit Jeans,Japanese Twill Size 38 bluee Spring
- Marilyn Monroe Sleeveless Denim Vest Neon Face Collage Signature Biker
- Sesame Street TV Show ELMO COSTUME 2-Sided Print Long Sleeve Poly T-Shirt
- Daniele Alessandrini Jeans Cotton Man bluee PH0013707 23
- Men's DANIEL CREMIEUX Salmon Linen Short Sleeve S S Shirt Medium M NWT NEW +
- Napapijri K Blobio Sudaderas Nuevo AVI53872 ROPA MODA NIÑO
- Bañador boardshort bermudas Santa Cruz boardshort - Screaming hand blk
- T-Shirt Sizes S-3XL New Atari Burst Logo Long Sleeve Sublimation shirt
- Womens Morlands Brown Sheepskin Coat size See Description No.F337 8 10
- Men's Moleskin Coat Thomas Nash Ex Large
- Ben Sherman Camel Brown Duffel Coat w Brown Leather - Plectrum Collection
- Adidas Poncho Windbreaker Green Men
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with