Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- RVCA Men's Particle Trunk - Choose SZ color
- Theory T-Shirts 953429 GreyｘMulticolor XS
- Ralph Lauren XXL featherweight mesh Baby bluee Button Down NEW WITH TAG
- NUDIE JEANS Brute Knut Pale Surface Light bluee men Jeans Size 36 32
- Lee Vintage 90s Cities Postcards Graphic Long Sleeve Denim Button Up Shirt Sz L
- MENS 2 BUTTON NAVY PINSTRIPE DRESS SUIT FLAT FRONT， SML-63012N-63003-NAV
- JOES CLASSIC STRAIGHT FIT DARK WASH JEANS 36 X 34 NWT VERY NICE
- Wrangler men Sherpa Foderato Camicia di Jeans - XXXL
- New Space Jam Tune Squad & Monstars T-Shirt Size US Small Pre-order
- Premium Distressed Destroyed Denim Jeans Sz32 Skinny Fit.
- Original Costume National Casual Green Men Shirt in size 50
- ELEVENTY F W 2016-17 CAPPOTTO LANA COTTA T. VIVO ART. 979CS0070 CAS22002
- Barney Cools Swim Shorts Trunks Size 32 NWT
- Sunny C Sider T-Shirts 507548 Beige S
- NWT Mens Polo Ralph Lauren Plaid Luxury Oxford Woven Button Down Shirt XL
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLES V-TWIN POWERED SHORT SLEEVE STRIPED SHIRT MENS LARGE
- Harley Davidson Men's Herringbone Stripe Short Sleeve Shirt
- VTG Men's Pendleton Green Button Up Wool Shirt W Patches Sz XL
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with