Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- CARL TORSBERG® West Bay Badeshort
- Tgold 9150 120mm Professional Handheld Pistol Gas Shovels Air Hammer Small Rust
- Rare Ralph Lauren Classic Fit Bear Shirt PL13 Button Down Size XL White Cotton
- RRP NEW DIESEL MEN'S JEANS BUSTER 0849B REGULAR SLIM TAPERED blueE
- Men's Pendleton Long Sleeve Button Front Large Pure Wool Plaid Shirt Brown Navy
- Royal bluee Groom Tuxedos Shawl Lapel Men Suit Print Wedding Best Man Blazer 2018
- Picaldi Zicco 472 CALI Jeans NEU Original Karedten Fit
- STRELLSON Sakko Gr. 94 Dunkelgrey Schurwolle 2-Knopf
- Volcom Men's Toasted Short Sleeve Tee
- CIPO & BAXX JEANS C 768 DENIM W31 L34 WEITE 31 NC&B
- Polo Cotton Trader Flag Shirt Sport 2XL Mens Declaration Independence American
- CP COMPANY F W 2018-19 MULTI-PATCHES OVERCOAT WITH GOGGLE ART. 5316M
- RALPH LAUREN Polo Men's 9 blueE WHITE India Madras Plaid Shorts Indigo Multi 38
- Rip Curl After Session Crew Neutral Grey 2XL
- Timber Land Casual Shirts 734358 GreyｘMulticolor M
- Lyle & Scott Tipped Collar Pique Polo White SP800VTR
- Polo Ralph Lauren Mens Long Sleeve Buttondown Shirt Slim Fit Xs S M L Xl Xxl New
- Men's Polo Ralph Lauren CLASSIC Fit Mesh PONY Shirt Short Sleeve GREY HEATHER XL
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with