Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Fox Slambozo Camo Cargo Men's Shorts Spring Camo Men Pants Motocross Short
- Roberto Collina - Sweaters - Male - Leather - 3987531A185018
- HUGO BOSS Menswear bluee & White Striped Regular Fit Formal Shirt Sz 39 15.5
- Mens Wool Sweater bluee and White Fishermen Large Nordic Fair Isle CARTE whiteHE
- Men's Gyms T Shirt Fitness Bodybuilding Slim Cotton Shirts Short Sleeve Workout
- Seeland Essex Jumper (Cypress Melange, Medium)
- DIESEL ZATINY BOOTCUT JEANS 0072L W33 L30 (3824)
- Kaufmanns Men's 2 pc. Grey Pin Striped Suit
- SPIRAL DIRECT DRACO UNLEASHED Mens Hoody Fire Dragon Goth Flames Biker Hood
- 7 For All Mankind Relaxed Bootcut Jean (32)
- Mens Long Sleeve Plain Hunting Green Rugby Shirt. 100% Cotton. HIGH QUALITY
- 4x 100Pcs COSLINA Premium Unisex Round Nipple Cover Band 3.5cm Natural color
- Costume mare BILLABONG taglia 33
- HOLLYWOOD RANCH MARKET T-Shirts 332402 Grey 1
- ANN DEMEULEMEESTER Casual Shirts 884621 WhiteｘblueeｘMulticolor XXS
- Paolo Pecora jersey Men's Grey Long Sleeve Autumn-Winter cod. 102135 IE
- Uniform experiment Casual Shirts 187801 GreyｘMulticolor 3
- Mauro Grifoni jersey Men's Grey Long Sleeve Spring-Summer cod. 103916 UK
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with