Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Stylish Men's Clothes 3 designer pants 2 club shirts 1 sweater Guess armani
- Lgold Piana 100%Cotton 42US 58EU Men's 5-Tasche Jeans Turquoise
- NWT G STAR RAW Aviator Blazer Bright Dark Army Green Sz XL
- Star Trek TOS Enterprise Hoodie, Sweatshirt or Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Iroquois Sweaters 094201 Beige 1
- Slim-fit Hemd extra lange Ärmel Gr.XXL Flieder
- GILET RECEPTIONIST HOTELLERIA CAMERIERE SALA HOSTESS UFFICIO B243 GP ITALIA
- Firetrap Heren zwempak bluew nylon 125402 NL
- Polo short sleeves Puma Bmw mms navy Polo mc bluee 12901 - New
- HYDEN YOO NEW YORK SPREAD COLLAR(SLIM FIT) COTTON SHIRT XL, NWT
- Christian Audigier Mon bluee Jeans blue Faded Denim men
- NEIGHBORHOOD Shirt Striped Long Sleeve L bluee Cotton Men's Made in Japan FS
- Emporio Armani Men's Clothing Shirts - 11CM5L11C32 bluee Fall Winter 18 19
- THOM BROWNE Casual Shirts 949191 Grey 1
- COMME des GARCONS Shirt Striped Long Sleeve L bluee Cotton Men's Made in Japan FS
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with