Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Roundtree & Yorke Easy Care Non Iron Flat Frt Expander Waist Dress Pants NWT
- Peuterey - Polo - Männchen - white - 1960313A185445
- Robert Graham Zelandia NWT colorful Floral Batik Sports Shirt 4XL
- Polo Ralph Lauren Pima Cotton Slim Fit Jumper In Green Size L BNWT RRP
- Element T-Shirt Marcel Veldman
- Giubbotto men Giacca Ecopelle black Cerniere Tasche Cintura Biker GIOSAL
- Pierre Balmain Men's Beige Cotton Skinny Jeans Made in W30 IT44
- Latin Skeleton Sleeveless Denim Vest Skull Portrait Paint Muse Biker
- Man the Work Aufgewacht-Und Recognize Your Macht-Alle Wheels Stand T-Shirt S-3XL
- Men’s Police Dark bluee Denim Jeans W34 L34 Cotton elastane- VGC
- Mens HARLEY DAVIDSON plaid rust cotton embroidered logo shirt 2XL XXL EUC
- COLMAR POLO BANDS - 68NVY - S (8032563732397)
- SANTOS SUPERFIT bluee and Green Stripe Men's Swimming Suit - Men's Designer Swimw
- STILYA SPORTSWEAR Shirt T-Shirt Fitness Bodybuilding Gym 2887
- Fjällräven Stig Flannel Shirt Men's Hiking Shirt, Men, Stig Flannel Shirt Tre...
- Reyn Spooner Men's Original Lahaina Long Sleeve Hawaiian Shirt, Cardinal, L
- Carhartt Salinac Shirt Jac - 'Mableton' bluee Denim - Denim Shirt Man bluee
- Lacoste Men's Polo Shirt Pink (Flamant) 2X-Large
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with