Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- ES Collection Badehose Badeslip 802 weiss silver Schwimmhose M 5
- RARE Ronnie James Dio Size Small T-Shirt
- NWT Robert Graham Bright bluee Short Sleeves Shirt 3XL GREAT GIFT
- Leather Wallet 100% La Martina Man 8 slots card case coins Soho 083.074
- Big Dogs Mens 4X Hawaiian Camp Shirt Hawaiian Vintage GM Congreenible Cars Beach
- ABITO VESTITO men 52 CERIMONIA SPOSO PAPA' FRESCO LANA VERGINE LUBIAM 1911
- DsQ2_Men`S JeanS_ ShorT DeniM_NeW OnE_ZiP DsquareD2 BE FASHION_ (model 21551)
- Bar III Wool Slim Fit Two Button Blazer Mens Size 42L New
- African Dance Unisex T-Shirt - Mens Fashion - Regular Fit - Light Fabric
- JEANS EDWIN HOMME ED 55 RELAXED TAPERED (dark bluee -breeze used) W30 L34 VAL
- Vans 145106 Men's Hauser Short Sleeve Buttondown in White Jungle Ditzy Shirt M
- RIP CURL SWEATSHIRT MANN DOWN CREW
- Vineyard Vines Swimsuit Swim Trunks Green with bluee fish NEW Board Shorts Chappy
- Supreme “Marvin Gaye” Tee - White (Medium) FW18
- BEAMS F Casual Shirts 077226 blueeｘMulticolor 37
- SL 5581 Men's white & bluee paisley print cotton shirt
- J.CREW Casual Shirts 898474 bluee XS
- Camel Active, tolles Hemd in Petrol, orange, Taupe kariert, Button Down,
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with