Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Emporio Armani maillot de bain pour homme blue Printemps-Été cod. 107150 FR
- 12 Wholesale Gildan Heavy Cotton Irish Green Adult T-Shirts Bulk Lot S M L XL
- DIESEL WAYKEE TOP QUALITY JEANS W29 - WAIST 16 1 4 41 CM - RRP
- VTG Wrangler Mens 16-34 Cowboy Cut Aztec Southwestern Native Rodeo Button Shirt
- Ermenegildo Zegna Mens Charcoal Herringbone 3 Btn 100% Cashmere Sport Coat 42R
- SUPERDRY SHORTS MENS Core lite parachute shorts jungle camo ripstop AOP
- Woolrich Men's Trout Run Flannel Lined Vest - Choose SZ color
- Premium Distressed Destroyed Denim Motto Jeans Sz 36 Skinny Fit.
- OXFORD _ MANTEAU PARDESSUS HOMME _ size 48 _ VINTAGE
- Faux Real Size Small Cat Tank with Tattoo Sleeves Mens New
- Guess Slim Straight Leg Jeans Men Size 31 X 30 Sexy Dark distressed Wash NEW
- Camel Active, lässiges Henley-Shirt in blue Jeansblue Melange, Langarm,
- King Kerosin Kurzarm Worker Hemd - Muscle 69
- NWT Robert Graham Navy Salisbury Damask Print Long Sleeve Woven Shirt XXL
- Lee Casual Shirts 809499 GreyｘMulticolor S
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with